Sunday, July 18, 2010

Be Inspired: Urban Cityscape Part 1

I am inspired by many different things in life and have a passion for all types of styles when it comes to design...rustic, chic, urban, modern, opulent, Parisian, homespun, vintage...my list can go on and on.

When asked by The Beautiful Mess Photography to create and design a concept shoot last summer, I wanted to display to brides my versatility in design and taste. The first concept shoot that we did was a Garden Party style wedding with a southern and high-society look and feel. You can see images from this photo-shoot here.

This time around, I wanted to show the fun, fabulous and lighthearted feel that an event can take on when you channel your childhood. I'm such a big kid and loved growing up in a big city! I also love 90s R&B and the bright and bold colors of the 80s. My generation is so distinct and rich in culture that I wanted to show how an 80s or 90s baby would throw a party.

Here are a few images from the shoot. Check back this week for Part 2 and 3 of the shoot along with the list of the amazing participating vendors!























1 comment: