Monday, July 6, 2009

North Carolina Wine



It is such a treat living in North Carolina because it is home to many wineries and one of the best wines I've ever tasted, Duplin’s Hatteras Red. Now I'm no connoisseur and I haven't been to Napa Valley yet, but I'm sure this is close in flavor and taste.

My husband, a native Charlottean, introduced me to this wine while we were dating and this is definitely a staple at all major family functions. We even gifted our vendors at our Miami wedding with a bottle of Hatteras Red wine as a thank you.

When planning your wedding or special event consider showcasing North Carolina’s roots by serving wines from local vineyards or welcoming out-of-town guests with a bottle of local wine and fruit upon arrival to the hotel.

Have you ever tasted Duplin’s Hatteras Red? If not, check-it out and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I love Duplin wine and we keep it in stock around here. I have tried the Hatteras Red, but for me the Carolina Red and especially, the Black River Red taste even better. Have you had the Duplin's Black River Red? If you and your husband haven't, you must try it like tonight for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tabitha! I'm definitely picking up the Black River Red for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete