Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Give the Gift of Flowers


Source: Google Images via weddingsjubilee.blogspot.com

Saturday was my last event of the year. It was a corporate holiday party at Founders Hall and my colleague Barbara of From This Day Forward Special Events provided beautiful holiday arrangements for the guest tables. After the event, I just couldn't imagine these flowers going to the trash, which many times they do when a happy home has not been identified for them after the wedding or event.

I do know of one hospital in uptown that happily accepts flowers for their patients who've been moved into hospice, but being located in Huntersville, I also wanted to find a local nursing home.

I scoured Google and my phone in search of a nursing home that would benefit from beautiful flowers. After a 10 minute search, I found Carolina Medical Center Huntersville Oaks. The staff was so friendly and I was actually able to go around the nursing home and gift some of the residents with the beautiful floral arrangements. :-)

After your event, please donate your flowers and extend the joy.

Here are two locations that accept flowers:

Huntersville Oaks
12019 Verhoeff Drive
Huntersville, NC 28078
704-863-1000

Presbyterian Hospice and Palliative Care
200 Hawthorne Lane
Charlotte, NC 28204
704-384-3527

No comments:

Post a Comment