Friday, June 3, 2011

Food Truck Craze!

Food trucks are making their way to an event near you. I love the idea of incorporating the nostalgic and fun feel of a food truck at a corporate or social event. You'll even see them popping up at weddings.





Charlotte Center City Partners kicked off their "Chow Down Uptown - A Food Truck Festival" last month and it's been going strong every Thursday from 5pm-9pm.

Yesterday, I decided to check-it out and do some research on the food truck scene here in Charlotte. Many of the trucks were lacking the design element that captures your attention when walking the down street, but the food was pretty tasty. My husband and I tasted dishes from Roots Farm Food, Harvest Moon Grille and Roaming Fork. I think we'll definitely have to check-it out again next week because we didn't save room for dessert and there were two cupcake trucks. :-)

1 comment: